2017-2026 SamTrans Short-Range Transit Plan
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) requires that Bay Area transit operators prepare and submit a Short-Range Transit Plan (SRTP) that addresses the agency’s operating and service plan for the next ten years. The SRTP fulfills Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and MTC regulatory requirements to implement and inform the development of MTC’s Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) and the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) that allow the District to qualify for state and federal funding.
The Draft SRTP documents the District assets, capital and operating costs, ridership, and programs for the last three fiscal years and provides forecasts for the next ten years (FY 2017 through FY 2026). The Final SRTP is expected to be ready in early 2017.
Major components of the Draft SRTP include:
- Vision, guiding principles, and performance measures
- General system overview of fixed-route and paratransit services
- Service and system evaluation for FY 2014 – FY 2016
- Operations Plan and Budget for FY 2017 – 2026
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for FY 2017 – 2026
6/12/17 - jb/lk