Today the San Mateo County Transit District Board of Directors voted unanimously in support of seven policy goals that will guide the effort to prioritize the county’s future transportation investments.
The Goals were developed in consultation with a broad coalition of city and county staff, local employers, transportation advocacy groups, and a wide range of other community organizations and leaders involved in the Get Us Moving San Mateo County public engagement effort. Get Us Moving is a District-led effort designed to collect public feedback and better understand the community’s priorities for transportation funding.
The adopted Get Us Moving Goals are:
- Relieve traffic congestion countywide
- Invest in a financially sustainable public transportation system that increases ridership, provides quality transit options for everyone, embraces innovation to create more transportation choices and improved travel experience, and aligns with the SamTrans Business Plan.
- Prioritize environmentally sustainable transportation solutions
- Promote economic vitality and economic development
- Maximize opportunities to leverage investment from public and private partners
- Enhance safety and public health
- Invest in repair and maintenance of existing and future infrastructure
The Board is considering placing a measure on the November 2018 ballot to fund congestion relief efforts throughout the County, and the feedback collected through the Get Us Moving effort will help inform how those revenues would be invested.
In addition to the collecting feedback from community stakeholders, Get Us Moving also includes efforts to engage the broader public through public events, community meetings, social media interaction and a dedicated website designed to provide County residents with a voice in the process to create a plan for the investment of potential new transportation revenues.
About SamTrans: SamTrans operates 77 routes throughout San Mateo County. Funded in part by a half-cent sales tax, the San Mateo County Transit District also provides administrative support for Caltrain and the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. SamTrans has provided bus service to San Mateo County customers since 1976.
Free translation assistance is available.
Para traducción llama al 1.800.660.4287; 如需翻譯,請電 1.800.660.4287.