Top 5 in 2017
- Prepared a Sustainability and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Inventory. SamTrans prepared a detailed inventory of the agency’s energy usage, water usage, waste generation and diversion, and employee commuting.
- Published SamTrans inaugural Sustainability Report. This report summarizes SamTrans’ sustainability performance between fiscal years 2010 and 2016.
- Switched to 100% Renewable and GHG-free Electricity. Beginning in May 2017, all of SamTrans’ electricity was purchased through Peninsula Clean Energy, San Mateo County’s Community Choice Energy Program, which supplies 100% renewable and GHG-free electricity.
- Approved a Pilot Electric Bus Program. The SamTrans Board-adopted FY2017 Capital Budget includes investment in a pilot program to procure, operate, and maintain SamTrans’ first fleet of fully-electric buses. The budget includes the installation of the necessary charging infrastructure for these vehicles at North Base.
- Continued Participation in Regional Resilience Initiatives. SamTrans continues to support San Mateo County’s Sea Change efforts to assess the impact of sea level rise within the county. SamTrans is also participating in the Adapting to Rising Tides Bay Area Project, which is a multi-jurisdictional, regional scale adaptation planning project funded by Caltrans and the Bay Area Toll Authority that is intended to increase the region’s resilience to current and future flood risk.
6/29/18 - rr