Free 2-Hour Transfers
Passengers using Clipper card or SamTrans Mobile now get a Free 2-Hour Transfer when traveling between any local (non-express) routes*.
How to transfer using a Clipper card
- Tag the Clipper card against the reader when paying your initial fare. This will initiate the two-hour transfer window.
- Tag each time you transfer to ride for free.
- The Clipper card reader will display "TRANSFER OK" upon use of transfer.
How to transfer using SamTrans Mobile App
- Purchase a Local Ride ticket on the app.
- When boarding the bus, activate the ticket.
- The ticket is valid for the full two-hours transfer period.
- Present activated mobile ticket to operator when transferring to another route.
More information about the January, 2020 fare changes.
*Transferring from a local route to an express route are subject to an upgrade charge. See Express Bus fares to determine your upgrade charge.
12/23/19 - jsn