Welcome aboard SamTrans! We have a network of buses traveling throughout the county to many of the destinations you may want to go.
How to Ride - New to SamTrans? Here's a quick introduction to fares and types of service.
Information Guide - Provides information about SamTrans services and fares.
Destinations - Many locations and attractions are served by SamTrans.
Holiday Service - holiday service information.
Transit Connections - Do you need to connect from SamTrans to another service to get to your final destination? This guide will help you along the way.
Youth - Info on how to ride, schools served by SamTrans & Summer Youth Pass
Keeping Seniors Moving - A joint effort to keep older people, including those with disabilities, safe and connected to their communities.
Bicycles - Combine bike riding with bus riding. It's an easy combo.
Newsletter and Notices - Keep up to date with service changes.
Safety and Security - Promoting safety and security to our customers and community.
Lost and Found - Misplaced a personal belonging on SamTrans?
Title VI - Information on policies that comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Transit Travel Tips
After boarding the bus, hold on to the railings and steady yourself to prevent falls when walking through the bus; familiarize yourself with bus exits; and listen for announcements.
To have the best ride possible, please follow these transit tips:
- Plan your trip. SamTrans bus operators will stop only at designated bus stops, so know in advance exactly where you want to get off. If you're not sure if the bus stops where you want to get off, ask the bus operator.
- Be prepared to board the bus as soon as it arrives. All strollers must be folded before boarding and stowed under the seat. Have fare ready.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted onboard the bus
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not permitted on buses or at bus stops.
- Please yield the seats behind the operator to seniors or customers with disabilities.
- Radios and music players are allowed with earphones only.
Keep cell phone calls to a minimum and speak quietly when in use.
- Pull the "Stop Request" cord before the bus reaches your destination bus stop.
- If you use the bike rack, let the bus operator know that you will be removing your bike from the front rack before you get off the bus.
- Please exit the bus via the rear door (unless you need to remove your bike), allowing boarding passengers the use of the front door.
- Enjoy the ride.
5/21/14 - rph