Veterans Travel Training Sign-up
What is included in travel training?
Each training program is individually designed to help you learn how to:
- Plan your trip
- Ride specific routes
- Read and understand route maps and schedules
- Get to and from your bus stop
- Recognize bus numbers, bus stops, and landmarks
- Pay fares and purchase passes
- Get on and off the bus safely
- Use the lift or the ramp to board with a mobility device
- Position your mobility device in the bus
- Locate and transfer to other buses
- Get service information
- Travel independently and confidently riding the bus
How it works:
- Start by signing up for travel training.
- A trained volunteer Veteran Mobility Volunteer will contact you to schedule a one-on-one in-person consultation and will ask a few questions about where you are interested in going, and your experience with public transportation. This will help in the planning of your trip.
- Attend the consultation with the Mobility Veteran Volunteer at the scheduled time. Field training will be scheduled if needed or as requested.
All consultations will be held at a Vets Center or a public place convenient for you. Field training locations vary based on your need.
Senior Mobility Project Coordinator
If you would like to learn more about the Veterans Mobility Corps, to schedule an appointment with a Veteran Volunteer, or to become a volunteer, contact Jean Conger at 650-508-6362, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.