Youth Ambassador Program
Calling all high school and college students in San Mateo County!
SamTrans is seeking eight Youth Ambassadors to help promote SamTrans transit services at their schools and in their communities.
You’ll gain knowledge and access
To learn more, contact Christina Contreras at 650-508-7763 or email@example.com
What is the SamTrans Youth Ambassador Program?
SamTrans is searching for a group of high school and college students within San Mateo County who are knowledgeable and regular users of SamTrans, to be active influencers at their schools and in their communities.
The SamTrans Youth Ambassador Program is designed to give students a better understanding of the value of public transportation, the environmental and financial benefits that public transportation provides to communities and how to better utilize public transit to get where you need to go.
SamTrans Youth Ambassadors will carry out informational meetings, present information in public settings, conduct travel trainings to help their peers learn how to use transit/become more comfortable using transit, engage with their peers through their social media presence, create content for the youth mobility newsletter and SamTrans blog, and influence their peers’ travel behavior. Interested youth may apply to be part of the program for one-school year duration, with new classes of ambassadors joining at the beginning of each school year.
Deadline to submit application: August 28, 2019
- Be a mature and driven high school or college student that lives or goes to school within San Mateo County
- Commit to volunteer an
averagesix hours of work per month for at least 9 months
- Attend, in-person or through video conferencing, at least 5 out of 9 monthly meetings (counted as volunteer hours) with fellow volunteers
- Have an active email account that you check regularly
- Possess good knowledge of various social media platforms
Successful Volunteers are:
- Experienced with or willing to learn about using various forms of public transportation, including SamTrans and Caltrain
- Able to work patiently and respectfully with people of all ages and abilities
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Exceptional problem-solving and communication skills
- Interested in seeking opportunities to help fellow youth
BENEFITS FOR YOUTH AMBASSADOR VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers will get:
- Promotional/marketing experience
- Community service hours
- Networking and volunteer opportunities
- Recognition at internal and community volunteer events
- Compensation in form of
monthlybus pass and $200 stipend upon completion of the program
- Additional perks, such as snacks at monthly meetings, Brand Ambassador Jacket/t-shirt, bonus prizes and incentives for top participants.