San Francisco International Airport
San Francisco Service Alert: Effective until further notice: There will be no service into or out of San Francisco between 8PM and 5AM due to curfew imposed by the mayor.
From SFO to San Francisco:
The first daily bus service from SFO into San Francisco is the Route 397 4:04 a.m. departure, which arrives in San Francisco at 5:09 a.m.
To SFO from San Francisco:
- The first morning trip from San Francisco to SFO is Route 292, which departs from Drumm/Clay at 5:30 a.m.
- Overnight service on Routes 397 and 292 begins at Drumm/Clay, and also will stop to pick up passengers at posted stops on Mission and Potrero.
SamTrans provides numerous connections to SFO from San Mateo County and San Francisco around the clock!
Caltrain-SFO Direct Connection: Route SFO runs regular, direct service every half hour from the Millbrae Transit Center to SFO. (5:45 am to midnight weekdays, 8 am to midnight Saturdays, 10 am to midnight Sundays)flySFO.com website
- Routes 292, 397, 398, late night ECR and Route SFO stop directly at the Airport terminals.
- Routes 140, 292 and 397 stop at the Rental Car Center and the United Airlines Maintenance Center.
- Routes 292 and 397 stop on North McDonnell Road at the Airport Business Center and West Field Road.
At the terminals, SamTrans buses stop at:
- Terminal 2: Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level, center island adjacent to Courtyard 2
- Terminal 3: Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level, curbside adjacent to Courtyard 4
- International Terminal: Level 1 at Courtyard A and curbside adjacent to Courtyard G
For additional information, please visit the SFO website listing the public transit options HERE
Additional Regional Airport Information:
San Jose Airport
From Santa Clara Caltrain Station take VTA Route 60 to airport.
- From San Mateo County BART stations take BART to Coliseum Station
- Board BART Oakland Airport People Mover to the airport
- From South Bay BART: Take VTA Route 180 or 181 from San Jose Diridon Caltrain Station to Fremont BART Station
- Take BART to Coliseum Station then board BART Oakland Airport people mover to airport
- Amtrak Capitol Corridor - from San Jose Diridon Caltrain Station to BART Coliseum Station
1/3/20 - rjc